Swapping the pump of Eisbaer Solo LT

timrainer

I was trying to swap the pump of the Eisbaer Solo LT to the 3600 rpm version and I do understand the noise of it is much louder.

However, I do found it very hard to tear down the plastic top shield shown in the picture attached here.

I had looked into the structural design of this block yet I did find that there is actually no screw that is holding this plate on the block. Therefore, I don't know what is the proper way to do this, should I use heat gun because it might be glued? Or I need to push harder.

Looking forward to a gentle solution that is not going to do some structural damage.

Or I actually cannot tear it down.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Pumpshield.jpg
    Pumpshield.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 10

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There, the DC-LT 3600 is the industrial version of the pump which is much louder than the normal pump. This is noticed also at the article description. It is indeed very hard to tear the plate our of the block but why do you want to change the pump? Are you having issues with the system?

timrainer

Hi There, the DC-LT 3600 is the industrial version of the pump which is much louder than the normal pump. This is noticed also at the article description. It is indeed very hard to tear the plate our of the block but why do you want to change the pump? Are you having issues with the system?

Yeah, kind of want to expand the loop with an additional GPU waterblock in an itx case. So I was thinking about upgrading to a more powerful 3600 rpm version. And my test seems to tell me that 2600 rpm might not be able to drive another gpu waterblock.

So, in order to tead it down, what I need is extra force. And there is actually nothing truely holding it in place, but just the force of friction?

If this is too crazy, I might just go with single cpu-rad loop. I guess adding another dclt outside this block should be more practical.

neiru37

Hey @Metropolis34, the pump on mine failed. Motherboard doesn't detect it anymore and directly plugging it on a 12V adapter on the PSU doesn't do anything either. I have a 2600 DC LT pump arriving in a few days and was wondering if there were instructions on how to teardown the LT in order to replace the broken pump.

neiru37

Have you checked the how to videos of us? Or do you need any athoer specific information?

I've only seen a how to video for replacing the pump on the regular Eisbaer CPU block with the reservoir. Mine is the LT version without the reservoir. Can you link me a how to video for this particular model?

neiru37

So for anyone who's gonna need to replace their pump, may it be cause it's broken (like mine) or for upgrades, I have some bad news for you.

You're going to have to pry the metallic cover plate to access the screws holding the pump.

What's worse is that the adhesive covers the whole plate so you're going to have to be really careful if you want to preserve your cover.

Oh well, this is still better than a broken waterblock, and since they're pretty much out of stock everywhere I didn't really have a choice.

92138778_3056949887683583_2451452334807449600_n.jpg

92031586_2681109565498526_6456739243631837184_n.jpg92458150_1272228096306068_5526946267919286272_n.jpg

bufulo

I wonder if the decal (adhesive aluminum cover with logo) could have been removed without damage by using a little heat to soften the adhesive?

If new decals are available, I may be interested. It would be nice to be able to rotate the decal. I understand two of the corners would have to be trimmed to fit first and the result wouldn't look perfect. It looks difficult to remove without damaging the aluminum.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
It is indeed very hard to remove the aliminum cover as it is glued really solid. Best thing is if you write an email to info@ maybe we have a cover top which we can send to you to replace this one.

martinoermando

I was trying to swap the pump of the Eisbaer Solo LT to the 3600 rpm version and I do understand the noise of it is much louder.

However, I do found it very hard to tear down the plastic top shield shown in the picture attached here.

I had looked into the structural design of this block yet Nox Vidmate VLC I did find that there is actually no screw that is holding this plate on the block. Therefore, I don't know what is the proper way to do this, should I use heat gun because it might be glued? Or I need to push harder.
Looking forward to a gentle solution that is not going to do some structural damage.

Or I actually cannot tear it down.

Thanks in advance.
I have a 2600 DC LT pump arriving in a few days and was wondering if there were instructions on how to teardown the LT in order to replace the broken pump.

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Ahh i saw once a video how to uninstall the LT but can not find it :( The only thing which is difficult to remove is the aluminum cover. Once you get it away to change the pump is not the problem really. I can ask our marketing to produce a how to video for this product.

bufulo

Someone did a tear-down on SFF Forums. Maybe try searching there. I believe the end result was that it wasn't worthwhile changing the pump.