6900 XT Red Devil Waterblock

davido_labido

Hey @RoyalHealer

So you have two options, I think Thomas just clicked the wrong item. You can either use the DDC pump and top that you have chosen and then a standalone reservoir such as This or you can buy these two items togehter instead so you can attach the pump to the reservoir directly:

13178 + 15188

You could alternatively go for a D5 pump, which also has the same two options, for it to be connected directly, or as a seperate item with a pump top :)

RoyalHealer

Oooh, that makes sense, still gonna be a while until the Eisblock is available I guess, so at least I have more time to familiarize myself with some of the solutions.

CJBadge

Is the 11953 block compatible with the new PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900XT Ultimate (AXRX 6900XTU 16GBD6- 3DHE/OC)?

I didn't know if the PCB was changed when PowerColor went to the "Ultimate" board.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Could you send us meaningful pictures/photos of the PCB? Then we can check whether the requested cooler also fits your board.

CJBadge

Thomas, I did not remover the cooler or backplate from my card yet, but these pictures are from wccftech.com. They are from their initial review of the card. Hope these help you answer my question.PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XTU Ultimate PCB-2.jpgPowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XTU Ultimate PCB-3.jpgPowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XTU Ultimate PCB-2.jpgPowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XTU Ultimate PCB-2.jpg

Thomas_S

Staff member
hello & thank you for the pictures. After checking, we can say that the cooler with art. No. 11953 will fit your card.

CJBadge

Thomas. Thank you so much. I've ordered one of your coolers for this card. Looking forward to receiving it once it's available.

Cheers, CB

Adriann

Since we have passed mid april as expected shipping time for the waterblock i was wondering if we are getting close to delivery Thomas? Best regards

Thomas_S

Staff member
Unfortunately, there is no new information yet. But I assume that we will be able to deliver soon.

Manya3084

Hey look, another 2 weeks added to the shipping time...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-133427830 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-133427830 (1).jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 17

Thomas_S

Staff member
Yes, we are working on it! But unfortunately it is a process that cannot be completed in 1 to 2 months. The incredibly high demand has overwhelmed us - the pandemic (even if I repeat myself) continues to take over the braking function. We are working flat out to improve the situation. Please be patient a little longer.

c0rny

ANOTHER 6-7 weeks…
Might buy a Block for the speedster and do some cutouts for condensators

Attachments

• 0CE13820-F4A0-487D-BF1C-3C3B1357FE36.png
    0CE13820-F4A0-487D-BF1C-3C3B1357FE36.png
    824.9 KB · Views: 7

CJBadge

Oh, I could just scream...ETA was down to 5-6 days and I was getting hopeful, then this morning it's back to 6-7 weeks! I finally get the a graphics card I want after waiting for that for 4 months, now I've been sitting this since early March. Not the first time this ETA has been pushed back, after getting close. Well, since no one else has a water block ready to go we have no alternative than to wait this out. EKWB makes the block for the Liquid Devil, but they are not selling it yet separately, and have been teasing "Coming Soon," in their "Compatibility Checker" for some time now. Argh...

c0rny

I read a comment from EK on FB that they are bringing it out, it was 2 month old. Maybe they will release it soon(er).
I prefer Alphacool but I‘m waiting since early March.
Willing to take any Block by now.

Cjraid

Why does the waterblock keep getting pushed back. You guys pushed it back another 6 to 7 weeks.

This is holding up my build. I know for next time around. I already bought it over 1 month ago. Why is it taking so long to cut Acrylic blocks and etc? Concerned customer

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We are not holding back the cooler on purpose. There are currently great difficulties in shipping goods in general. This affects virtually all manufacturers. Containers are almost impossible to get, and loading spaces on ships and trains are also booked up for months at a time. If you look around the market in general, you will quickly notice that many products are only available in small quantities or are no longer in stock at all. It is now even the case that freight prices have increased six-fold due to the container shortage.

It is currently a worldwide problem with everything that is manufactured in Asia. Even the customs delays keep putting us behind. While customs clearance took a few days at the beginning of last year, we are now waiting 4-6 weeks in some cases. And we only find out about it at extremely short notice.

The idea that production can't take that long is also rather wishful thinking. Producing two or three coolers is no problem, but if you have to produce a few thousand of each type..... we now have 100 CNC machines that do nothing but produce GPU coolers day and night and there is simply not enough to cover everything.

Awwwyeahhhbaby

I have the Red Devil block on order still, will wait until it arrives but due to my case being a water-cooled only design I had to hacken-mod a Speedster waterblock from Bykski the other day. It works well enough, temps are as expected but not all the mount holes line up, only the 4 main ones around the gpu and a couple others around the vrm. I only had to cut a notch for the 3rd power connector, no extra cutting for any capacitors was required. I used aftermarket thermal tape, but it was too stiff to allow full die contact so I ended up using the thermal tape the block shipped with since it's really soft, temps are just fine according to HWinfo64. I get 40-50s on most components, mid 60s on junction, can't overclock too well I may have a crap card, unstable around 2700 but only when my power draw is 360+ watts so it could be the block missing contact on something. Clocked around 2650 and it's all-day stable.