Alphacool Waterblock/AIO for 7900XT/XTX planned ?

IcyStorm

Development takes time. The official launch of the card was in December! The PCB layouts are coming in one by one and the coolers can be developed accordingly. Production & delivery just take time. If you consider the high number of Nvidia cards that also require a cooler... ;-)
I dont agree! You will force your team to work 12h/7 days till they get the perfect blocks, We need to play and work on them! : ))

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
I dont agree! You will force your team to work 12h/7 days till they get the perfect blocks, We need to play and work on them! : ))
:D:D:D
I'll make the suggestion to our development team! I'm sure they'll do it! But seriously... we're working at full speed on the new coolers here so that we can make them available as soon as possible.

masterskop

Hi!

I was looking at the download pdf for the XFX Speedster Merc 310 24gb edition (RX-79xmercb9) and noticed that a waterblock might be made for it. :) If so, when will be be able to preorder? Or, if not, will customers be able to purchase the wb via Amazon or Performancepcs? Also, if it's not in production but still in the designing stages, can the waterblock developers look at adding a Z support bar or maybe allow the current Z support bar that comes with the card to be used with the wb? :) Looks like it might be a lot of weight to support. Maybe make a "Special" wb edition for the XFX 24gb cards! I'll buy it! :)

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
Hi!

I was looking at the download pdf for the XFX Speedster Merc 310 24gb edition (RX-79xmercb9) and noticed that a waterblock might be made for it. :) If so, when will be be able to preorder? Or, if not, will customers be able to purchase the wb via Amazon or Performancepcs? Also, if it's not in production but still in the designing stages, can the waterblock developers look at adding a Z support bar or maybe allow the current Z support bar that comes with the card to be used with the wb? :) Looks like it might be a lot of weight to support. Maybe make a "Special" wb edition for the XFX 24gb cards! I'll buy it! :)
Hi! There will be a cooler for the XFX Speedster 7900 XTX Merc 310. It will most likely be available for order in our shop from March or April. As far as Amazon & our resellers are concerned, I can't make any statements.

Synexis

Not planned at the moment.
That's a shame. I was waiting for this cooler.
The es carbon for the 6900xt ref is excellent.
The thing is, if you release the 7900xtx es carbon 6 months before the next gpu launch, the interest is very low.
Now its the time.

Thomas_S

Staff member
This is not a shame, but a situation of waiting! Both new generations of cards are selling slowly! For the 7900 XTX, Eisblock & Core coolers will come soon (later also the Eiswolf 2 AiO)! Now (in this uncertain) situation it would be madness to bring a third cooler here.

Synexis

This is not a shame, but a situation of waiting! Both new generations of cards are selling slowly! For the 7900 XTX, Eisblock & Core coolers will come soon (later also the Eiswolf 2 AiO)! Now (in this uncertain) situation it would be madness to bring a third cooler here.
OK understood but i have a different opinion.
Eisblock & Core coolers are 2 coolers for tha same target group.
The people who want to buy the Eisblock also have the option for the more pricier Core.
The ES is a different cooler for people that need 1slot, smallest size possible, rear ports, no plexi, no rgb etc.
I would prefer to have 2 completely different options in the market rather than 1 option with 2 coolers.

Thomas_S

Staff member
Clear & understandable! But: the market decides the ranking. The demand for aRGB is much higher compared to discreet coolers. You must not forget that the development, tooling and production costs for a series-produced cooler are exorbitantly high. To bring this into series production, the demand must be extremely high. You also have to bear in mind that the coolers with rear outlet and carbon plate are enterprise products and are not really developed for the target group of end consumers. The fact that they are often interesting for the consumer is a positive side effect.

Aliau1987

I am also looking for the Merc 310 Block, hope It will cool a bit better even if the original air cooler does quite a nice job.

Anyhow I am getting the water block being that I have the pump, Rad and tubs in my tower already.

Mister Thomas,

You guys have any test results with a 360 radiator you can share with us to see if your water block keeps the card under 50° and Hotspot under 60°?

It would make the waiting a bit more bearable. 😅

Thomas_S

Staff member
Hi,

Can't hardly wait for preordering the waterblock! Will preordering start sometime in February?
February/March is realistic! Just subscribe to our newsletter. You will be informed when the cooler goes live for pre-order.

Thomas_S

Staff member
Mister Thomas,
🤣🤣🤣 Yes sir ;-)
.... We cannot show results: BUT the tests of our new cooler generation for 40XX (same procedure) show great satisfaction from customers. Why should it be different for AMD cards! I know that is not a valid result - but still possibly increases the excitement.

Aliau1987

🤣🤣🤣 Yes sir ;-)
.... We cannot show results: BUT the tests of our new cooler generation for 40XX (same procedure) show great satisfaction from customers. Why should it be different for AMD cards! I know that is not a valid result - but still possibly increases the excitement.

Hope you right dear Sir ;),

I was wondering cause there is so few examples of a water cooled 7900 xtx in the web at this moment and the ones I find are very mediocre results from Asroc Aqua Model pre build WB and EKB.

The 7900xtx being a non monolithic chip and having pretty high differences in the GPU to Hotspot temp ratio is quite bit different than the 4090.

All that is left to hope is that your engineers bring to life a top of the line GPU block that has good contact with the chip and great thermal exchange.

You are the only hope to get our hands on a block for the 310 Merc soon.

Keep up the good work!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen asu Belgien!

masterskop

Take your time in engineering this block. I had to leave behind 2x kingpins and their EK wbs! I'm going 100% AMD. :) Can you guys develop a Z support bar for the block or engineer your block to utilize the existing Z support bar that comes with the XFX Merc310 7900 XTX 24gb card? I wouldn't mind paying you guys for the extra support bar. You guys would be ahead of the competition at that point. :)

Thomas_S

Staff member
Unfortunately, everyone has to be prepared to pay more for this. Our engineers will certainly find an optimal solution to satisfy our customers ;-)

BelzebV

is there still a long way to go for the merc310 black edition block? it is almost 2 months that the gpu has been in circulation, and also among the most popular of 7900xtx...