'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I am not the one who has the final say on whether a cooler is made or not ;-) There would have to be a few more signatures from people who sit here and do everything so that we can satisfy our customers. So if you want signed coolers..... then I would have to get the whole Alphacool team on board and there is not enough space on the cooler ;-)
I was the only one who communicated this to the outside world. Therefore, in this case, see me as a representative of everyone here at Alphacool.

church

Eddy: don't belittle your efforts. Even if you are just initial link in chain to getting block made, i'm guessing that with you not estimating demand in conversations and not bringing it "to the boss table", blocks for these cards wouldn't ever get past "is available? -no" stage :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
This time I might have been the one to bring it to the table. But many other coolers are brought to the table by other colleagues and no one talks about them, although they would deserve more praise than I do on this issue. Normally I have nothing to do with it. That was just an exception on my part. From there..... I feel stupid when I'm praised for this when it's other colleagues who do the main job with graphics card coolers. You have to praise @Vanzin too. Together with another colleague (he is not in this forum), he mainly takes care of which cards we make or not.

Goobak

Fantastic. Is it in my mail yet?
As I am all new to this stuff - will I be able to order a pump, a tank, a radiator and all the tubes along too? I honestly have no idea which model shall I choose when the block hits the market.

church

If you are new, suggest to RTFM, as in google on some liquid cooling guides.
For to buy, you need rad, fans, pump, fittings, tubing. Premixed coolant. (or distilled water + some silver bit & some biocide). Optionally reservoir to ease bleeding. Optionally fan/pump controller. Things to look for, to not mix aluminum & copper bits in loop.
For quiet cooling i'd think of 1x120 rad section in push-pull for around 100W heat dissipation. So some 3-4 120mm rad sections should be fine for just 3090. 2x120 sections more effective then stock air cooling, but not drastically, not sure worth extra effort going for LC. If liquid cooling also cpu, and overclocked one at that, worth adding more rads to loop.
After assembly of LC loop perform leak test (pc parts power wiring disconnected, put paper towels around connections, fill loop, jump start PSU to power pump if needed, wait and check for any leaks, fix if found).

lastyc

Should we expect a cooling option like Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro RTX 2080 / 2080Ti (2070/2080 Super) - black M02 AIO? I had one on 2080Ti and it was enough. I think 3090 will be fine too

church

Sounds good idea for optionally selectable at purchase "extra" to come in set with block for those that don't want to deal with everything DIY. It would also allow reusing lot of components from already existing other product. @Eddy , imho worth considering. Not for me, with already existing LC loop with just gpu-specific block missing, but nice option to have for less-DIY-ish customers & extra products sold.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Eiswolf 2 for RTX 3XXX and RX 6XXX cards will be available in april i think. Also for different custom designs. But we switched from a 240 to a 360mm radiator because of the waste of heat. 2080Ti had only ~250-280W ... and now... 350-420W.... :eek:
Btw.... they will also have new and much better fans.

church

Well, even 2x120 will be more efficient then stock air cooling of similar size. 1) stock air cooling is way way more airflow restricted, until 30# series PCB/cooler design most commonly not "blow-through" at all, and even now, it's blow through partially for "half of one fan", so more resistance, less airflow, so LC rad is way less airflow restrictive that helps a lot even with same fin area as that of stock cooler's; 2) LC has extra inertia to soften short high load peaks until coolant heats up; 3) it will still work even on card with TDP of 4##W .. just that temp delta will be a bit higher and fans need to be spun a bit faster .. still better then with stock cooling, due (1.), and possibly still within acceptable noise to less requiring customers, unlike stock air. Oh, and 4) - it's very simple & cheap to add two extra fans for push-pull config unlike for stock air cooler, where it makes sense at most for one, above cutout in PCB/backing plate.
Few gpu vendor own 3090 AIO LC kits for this reason also seem to get by with 2x120 rads (except maybe evga's kingpin 3090 with 3x120 rad), which in turn helps get cost down & eases to find mounting space for (smaller) radiator in wider variety of cases (eg. SFF builds). So i wouldn't strike out "small rad option" even for 3090 TDP monsters right away, as seemingly unusable. It will work, just a bit hotter and a bit louder then on less TDP cards, but better then air. With eg. fans at 1.5K, not 1K rpm, but not at 3K rpm of stock :). And may reduce kit costs, shipping dimension/weight/costs, & R&D costs of not having to design new AIO kit with larger rad.

Last edited:

Goobak

Eiswolf 2 for RTX 3XXX and RX 6XXX cards will be available in april i think. Also for different custom designs. But we switched from a 240 to a 360mm radiator because of the waste of heat. 2080Ti had only ~250-280W ... and now... 350-420W.... :eek:
Btw.... they will also have new and much better fans.
Oh sweet lord. I want this for Gamerock... I want it now :). Last thing I want to do is messing up with tubes, coalants etc.
I just wonder how I fit 2x360 rad to my case... the gfx one will have to go to top horizontal, and it will just bath in its own heat there.

Hakanese

I have my 480mm Monsta rad mounted externally sitting on a shelf by my computer. Waiting for the block so I can hook it up for cooling.

church

Oh sweet lord. I want this for Gamerock... I want it now :). Last thing I want to do is messing up with tubes, coalants etc.
I just wonder how I fit 2x360 rad to my case... the gfx one will have to go to top horizontal, and it will just bath in its own heat there.
This may need release of that integrated rad/pump unit separately without block (i predict, that due low volume for these specific blocks there might be not enough business incentive to release another even smaller volume combination of that specific block + AIO unit). That rad-pump kit + maybe extra quick disconnect fitting set for block side. So i'm guessing that if something like that will be released as complete set, then probably only for more numerous "reference PCB" 3080/3090 cards. Another tour of bugging/convincing Eddy needed until such separate radpump kit released :)
Also if quick disconnect fittings & tubing length will allow that, even if there is no space for another rad inside case, there is option to place radiator outside case (many modern cases have few round cutouts with rubber grommets in them for this purpose). In this case worth adding extra wire mesh on top of fans, for some protection.

LioTyan

Any news?

db6afccac70dc671b5ecf06b36b5d3f3.jpg

church

Guys, please, stop spamming. Obviously alphacool reps will post news w/o us asking .. when there will be such.
In NO way, way too soon (by common sense of how long it may take) nagging them, will make process of design and manufacturing quicker and thus news material to post about. Such questions will serve only to get on their nerves, and other users that have subscribed to updates in this thread receive redundant notifications of needless posts when we wait for real/actual news. This is no product of high volume & high priority relative to other new products in queue. Don't make it any worse to produce wish to move it further down that queue :p