'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

Yep this is f* right :) every day of waiting is a day with pain.....and frustration :D:D:D

When are we there ?

Day zero was 16th of February, and by Eddy’s estimation it would probably be 2-3 months before we would see anything...

We are 1.5 months in now so give it another 1.5 months and we should probably see something. Or we could be luck and get some information in around 14 days.....

I do feel the pain of waiting as well, but there is not much we could do at the moment but to be patient and make plans for the loop and other components that will be needed......

sakarno

Update:
- Cooler design is done
- Manual is done
- Package is done

Next steps
- Now we will sent the infos to our factory
- We will produce that cooler
- Shipping to our main warehouse in Bielefeld germany

Shipping takes the most time!

WTF IT HAPPENS ?????? .......
Is there maybe a Screenshot from Cad for the desing of the cooler .......... ???

BIG THX FOR THE UPDATE

When can it preorder ....

PS:
Next steps

Suezcanal is also Free'd... Operation Warpspeed.....

Last edited:

snd1986

Update:
- Cooler design is done
- Manual is done
- Package is done

Next steps
- We will produce that cooler
- Shipping to our main warehouse in Bielefeld germany

Shipping takes the most time!

Thanks soo much for the update. Best part is all the alphacool products I wanted for my custom loop have just come back in stock for next day delivery in UK. Now I just need to pull the trigger.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
That is only a small screenshot from our development board. To get a feeling how the block will look.

PS: Preorder..... i dont want to make a too early realease for preorders like with the last coolers. So, if i get the infos that the cooler is really on the way, we will start with preorders.

GameRock_fast_shot.png

sakarno

That is only a small screenshot from our development board. To get a feeling how the block will look.

PS: Preorder..... i dont want to make a too early realease for preorders like with the last coolers. So, if i get the infos that the cooler is really on the way, we will start with preorders.

View attachment 2275
Looks Very good.

Good work ..!!!!!

View attachment 2275
Looks great!

I get kinda dizzy though trying too understand how the water flows, is it a parallel flow towards the die fins from the inlet/left side of the block?

Any info on the back plate, I guess it will be similar to your other blocks 2-3mm nickle plated copper with thermal pads for backside mem ic's and regulators?

Im so looking forward to getting this block, thx a lot Eddy ?

Ps. I haven't totally given up the hope that AC will make actively cooled back plate.......right now I got a Threadripper block glued to the back plate and it shaved of 20c for the gpu mem and 4c of die temperature.....along with lowering the temperature with 10c for the dram dimms when gaming......if not I'll always have the option to brute force with a dremel and drop the cpu block directly on the ic's...

church

Mounting of separate inlet-outlet part with three bolts makes me guessing, that it might be for future replacement of inlet-outlet terminal block to one that also passes liquid to active cooled backplate like EK. But as it wasn't yet mentioned even though might be important feature, i guess such cooled backplate might be subject of potential future separate product (to not make this block cost too high). Maybe even in some ways of universal design (eg. as block to attach ontop of basic passive backplate) for better recouping R&D/manufacturing costs. For me it would be enough for temps of chips on back of card to be on par on air cooling, as i can max out mem overclock even on air.
And yes, trying to visualize flow path made my head hurt too :), probably due transparency & fusion of block layers in one pic and not exactly seeing where are all the cutouts to pass flow between block layers. When at one point it looked to me that liquid flow over left side of vrm/mem will be stationary, due that inversed-C seemingly connecting together both in and out area over there, i gave up :). It will be much easier to understand from actual block on hands :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The terminal is a standard terminal as we use for all Eisblock Aurora coolers. As of today, I cannot tell you anything about active backplate cooling.
The vrm are cooled via a parallel flow. We use this technology in various coolers for the RTX 3XXX and RX 6XXX series. Just take a look at other coolers, maybe it will become clearer for you. ;-)

StuPot

The terminal is a standard terminal as we use for all Eisblock Aurora coolers. As of today, I cannot tell you anything about active backplate cooling.
The vrm are cooled via a parallel flow. We use this technology in various coolers for the RTX 3XXX and RX 6XXX series. Just take a look at other coolers, maybe it will become clearer for you. ;-)

How long till we can pre-order?

As of today, I cannot tell you anything about active backplate cooling.

Maybe I'm too positive by nature.....but I take this as a good sign :D

We would very much appreciate information when you are able to talk about it, that is if active backplate is being made.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
What i can say.... a active backplate is already on our To-Do list. But its impossible to say when we will have an ETA. Right now.... it could take month because of a lot of other projects. To be honest... i have right now over 100 new articles on my launch list for this year and we have ~100 more products on our development list for the next 12-18 month.

sakarno

Native Palit bios with res. BAR also seems to be available. Not much of use for me, still on Z77 board with i7-2700K, LOL

Haveing a Problem to flash the native RB Bios of palit gamerock.. Every time when i start the bios update file ... A message apears .. No update needet..... Every time when i flash a other vendor bios file and the trying the palit bios ... also the same message apaers.... Anything seems to be wrong with the updater from palit ...