'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

Ossio

So you think there is a possibility that I could just use the gamerock oc cooler for my Phantom gs card?
This is what the title of this thread suggest and with research I did yes, in any case you will not be able to find any other company to take gainward card series, so Eddy was our only hope in the end. I found others users with the gainward card and base of their pictures I can say they are the same PCB

Synologic

It was already mentioned before in the thread that yes, the cooler will be usable on all the 3090 and 3080 cards mentioned in the subject.
I have a Phantom GS 3090 as well and the fans are killing me :)

Charun

Super happy about this. I've been dreading that i'd have to hunt for a different card, since nobody seemed interested in making a block for my 3080 Palit GR OC.
Thank you αc!

So you think there is a possibility that I could just use the gamerock oc cooler for my Phantom gs card?
Yes, thats the theory.

Information about same pcb layout came from another member in the begining of this thread, search and find that and you could probably ask directly for more information.

ailveen

Hey guys, somebody beat Alphacool to it:

I don't intend to take potential orders away from Alphacool but somebody is bound to discover it sooner or later.

I am not a hypocrite, I want the best version of the block so if somebody has the money and the time to try out the block I linked above and publish a review, we could compare both products when Alphacool's is released and tested too. And who knows, it might turn out that Alphacool's is better anyways.

church

Well, for politeness sake your only post on this forum could have been not about competitor's product, of simpler construction and undercutting pricing at that, which probably will rob at very least 10% if not much more potential customers for this narrow niche WB from alphacool. And if there really was no agenda behind, then at least you could have waited for after release of this block, as sign of gratitude to one of few vendors that listened to users and was forthcoming to design & make a block.

Steams71

Really pleased to hear that you are doing a block for the GameRock 3090 OC. Thank you.. Will definetly be getting one when they come out. Quick question; Will it have ARGB?

Hey guys, somebody beat Alphacool to it:

I don't intend to take potential orders away from Alphacool but somebody is bound to discover it sooner or later.

I am not a hypocrite, I want the best version of the block so if somebody has the money and the time to try out the block I linked above and publish a review, we could compare both products when Alphacool's is released and tested too. And who knows, it might turn out that Alphacool's is better anyways.

Thanks for sharing...

But I'll definitely wait for the Alphacool block, shouldn't be more time to get that I guess.

The HCM block is listed with expected availability in mid May, and from the few reviews they have on site it looks like you could expect some extra delivery time as well...

The HCM block also look a bit simple compared to other Ampere wb and I wouldn't take a chance on this and having no knowledge about the company and their products from before.

Couldn't find any reviews for their GPU blocks, found some linkes that were a couple of years old but they didn't work.

So my question would be, how well are their designs for heat dissipation & water flow, how well could you expect the fitment of the block to be, how is the support and refund process if the product doesn't hold what's promised ect.

No question which way I'll role my dice on this one.

But hey get one and we can compare :cool:

ailveen

Thanks for sharing...

But I'll definitely wait for the Alphacool block, shouldn't be more time to get that I guess.

The HCM block is listed with expected availability in mid May, and from the few reviews they have on site it looks like you could expect some extra delivery time as well...

The HCM block also look a bit simple compared to other Ampere wb and I wouldn't take a chance on this and having no knowledge about the company and their products from before.

Couldn't find any reviews for their GPU blocks, found some linkes that were a couple of years old but they didn't work.

So my question would be, how well are their designs for heat dissipation & water flow, how well could you expect the fitment of the block to be, how is the support and refund process if the product doesn't hold what's promised ect.

No question which way I'll role my dice on this one.

But hey get one and we can compare :cool:

That is good to know - I don't have an idea what constitutes a good block as I have never watercooled before, but it's good to know just from the looks that the block I linked was inferior in quality.

Sorry for the people I pissed off. I was lurking in this thread because like most of you I am trying to find a way to cool the 3090 Gamerock better, and I have seen people very eager to find a block. Unfortunately my first post ended up being an insult, not my intention. Again I apologize.

Ridvan

That is good to know - I don't have an idea what constitutes a good block as I have never watercooled before, but it's good to know just from the looks that the block I linked was inferior in quality.

Sorry for the people I pissed off. I was lurking in this thread because like most of you I am trying to find a way to cool the 3090 Gamerock better, and I have seen people very eager to find a block. Unfortunately my first post ended up being an insult, not my intention. Again I apologize.
Thank you for letting us know. Unfortunately that stuff is garbage.

church

Garbage? Not. By looks of it, that block will do it's job of cooling "more efficient then air". Generic oldish gpu fullcover block design. Simplified design cut R&D time & costs, allowing to design quicker and manufacture cheaper. And for some customers few euro saved for "good enough" matters. AC on the other hand has it's higher standards for both looks and flow design, which both made it longer to design & makes block more expensive to produce.
Both blocks will work, i just disliked "I don't intend to take potential orders away from Alphacool" when it's exactly what that that post is about.
It won't be of help for those that want higher end block, it won't help who will decide to keep on their stated word to buy AC block in this block here, it won't even help getting block quicker (as while this already listed in HCM shop, ETA mid of May, not that different from AC's). 90% main function or impact of that post (even if not intended that way) - lure away ones that want to get these cards cooled with water at lowest cost possible. From otherwise potential AC customers list, not from generalized list of some owners of these gpu-s wishing to LC them. Be it posted on whichever misc. sites/forums, fine, then it really might have served to help on informing "community" .. but posting exactly on competing vendor's forum seems .. wrong.

Ridvan

Garbage? Not. By looks of it, that block will do it's job of cooling "more efficient then air". Generic oldish gpu fullcover block design. Simplified design cut R&D time & costs, allowing to design quicker and manufacture cheaper. And for some customers few euro saved for "good enough" matters. AC on the other hand has it's higher standards for both looks and flow design, which both made it longer to design & makes block more expensive to produce.
Both blocks will work, i just disliked "I don't intend to take potential orders away from Alphacool" when it's exactly what that that post is about.
It won't be of help for those that want higher end block, it won't help who will decide to keep on their stated word to buy AC block in this block here, it won't even help getting block quicker (as while this already listed in HCM shop, ETA mid of May, not that different from AC's). 90% main function or impact of that post (even if not intended that way) - lure away ones that want to get these cards cooled with water at lowest cost possible. From otherwise potential AC customers list, not from generalized list of some owners of these gpu-s wishing to LC them. Be it posted on whichever misc. sites/forums, fine, then it really might have served to help on informing "community" .. but posting exactly on competing vendor's forum seems .. wrong.
Yes garbage. Look at the first and second picture. You will notice that the water channels not seen in first picture, it is perfectly clean. Also there are no screws, only holes. This shows that picture is just a endustrial design concept picture.

davido_labido

Hi folks, obviously competitor talk isn't particuarly one of our favorite topics of conversation, however in this case we're not going to remove it as RosaPanteren hits the nail on the head.

There are other waterblocks that are going to be availale on the market - that is just a fact of life. However, currently, the product listed is in the same position as we are in terms of 'it is on its way' we try and set dates, but due to the current state of the world, we are setting dates closer to the point where we can hit the targets.

The difference with an Alphacool block is you are currently talking about the block with Alphacool staff, we're keeping you informed and we have many years of experience in the area and we know how to optomise everything. With unknown brands, we don't know if that is still the case.

You're more than welcome to use whichever brand you like, of course, but waiting for the right block is usually better than jumping in with two feet :)

Hakanese

I believe that most people in this thread will buy Alphacool's block regardless. We're here for the product you are developing for us the consumers.
There will always be competition but I like Alphacool's products from my first Monsta rad to the crazy Eisball

Freakyer

I believe that most people in this thread will buy Alphacool's block regardless. We're here for the product you are developing for us the consumers.
There will always be competition but I like Alphacool's products from my first Monsta rad to the crazy Eisball

This. Alphacool is listening to it's customers in many different ways, including this fairly niche block and being open and transparent alongside creating great products. The least we can do is repay that by buying Alphacool (and get the best products going into the bargin!).

#ThanksAlphaCool

edit: typo!