'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

church

When searching on web on blocks for Gamerock/Gamerock OC/Phantom/Phantom GS 3080/3090, among returned results norm was "we won't make block", also found this thread. Seems somewhat more hopeful vs "we won't/no plans" for all the other vendors.

Registered to say to count me in among buyers.

It seems wrong, that there all the LC vendors had released their variants "reference" cards that have limited VRM/power headroom anyway, but there is not one for card that has those limits lifted and which would benefit most from better & quieter cooling. My LC loop of 560+280 rads is ready for that block to be plugged in :)
From reviews these cards seem on par with strix/ftw3/suprim/aorus, just noticeably cheaper. I'd expect for them to be sold in large enough numbers due that, or at least on par with strix/ftw3/suprim/aorus (for which there are already own variances for blocks by few vendors, for some even by orig. card maker .. but just not for these :( )

P.S. Imho it would be worth to change thread title to include also "non-OC" GamerRock & Gainward Phantom & Phantom GS, and also both 3080/3090. It should make finding this easier, and maybe even more people expressing their wish for such block to be made.

allara

It seems wrong, that there all the LC vendors had released their variants "reference" cards that have limited VRM/power headroom anyway, but there is not one for card that has those limits lifted and which would benefit most from better & quieter cooling. My LC loop of 560+280 rads is ready for that block to be plugged in :)
From reviews these cards seem on par with strix/ftw3/suprim/aorus, just noticeably cheaper. I'd expect for them to be sold in large enough numbers due that, or at least on par with strix/ftw3/suprim/aorus (for which there are already own variances for blocks by few vendors, for some even by orig. card maker .. but just not for these :( )

Thank you, exactly my thoughts - it's a good card and it will benefit from water cooling. Especially with nvlink, ie. two cards packed tightly together.

lastyc

i'd like to buy waterblock for my card, but i don't know can i buy it if i live in Russia :rolleyes:
Why not deliver?) I ordered a waterblock for 2080Ti in Moscow in the summer, and now it's time for Gamerock OC 3090. I plan to order as soon as the opportunity arises

Vapormatt

Eddy Iceman, thanks for the reply's, hopefully soon we will have news on a waterblock for this outstanding card. while in lockdown could you lock the guys in the factory making these ? haha just kidding, keep safe and hopefully lock down over soon. will be placing my order soon as available!

Holy moly, we are getting a waterblock for the Gamerock!?!

Now Mr. Eddy the Iceman, I strongly suggest that you introduce a queuing system based on when you first put a message in this thread. Ie. that I get the 5th waterblock that you produce !!! ;)

RosaPanteren
7:06 PM (0 minutes ago)

to Palit

Hi again nice people of Palit!

Could you please hurry up and send the exact PCB design measurement for the Gamerock 3000 series to Alphacool International GmbH! E-Mail: info@alphacool.com

They have announced that they will produce a waterblock for these GPU but are missing exact PCB design measurement.

Also remember to include backside measurement so they could make an active cooled backplate!!

Please hurry up because my card is about to melt!

Best regards
RosaPanteren

TheExit

Hello,

I would like to order 1 water-block for RTX 3090 Gamerock OC.

I hope you'll start to make them soon.

thank you
TheExit

audipete

So eddy any info, will Alphacool be making a full cover water gpu block??? I've been saving up for this Gamerock card for 3 months now in the hope that in the months to come eddy will tell his bosses that the fool who pitched the Gamerock card was actually telling the truth and that there will be high demand for alphacools 3090 gamerock gpu water block, come on eddy you can do it !!!

Last edited:
Yes from the quotes you could see they are preparing production.

I’ve posted this in the relevant reddit threads I could find and also saw that someone posted it in the OC thread for 3090 owners, so I guess more GR owners will tag along with inquiery for this waterblock as well.

Famous Eddy quotes
«Development takes only 1-2 weeks. Production and shipping time is the biggest part. Shipping time is around 5-6 weeks and production time depends on how much other things we have to make. Could be a week, could be 3 weeks. Thats the reason why we bought 50 further CNC machines due to the extreme increase in orders, we have to increase our production capacities.»

«until now, we didn`t get any datas from Palit, so nothing happend right now. We hope to get the datas soon because until now we got everything very quick from Palit. But you can only preorder the cooler after the release, not before.

Last edited:

TheExit

hello,

quick question.

What can i expect from rtrx 3090 GameRock OC under water block on EVGA 520W Bios? What kinda no. would i get from my GPU.
"I have 480mm rediatior + 360mm radiator with 7x 120mm industrial 3500 RPM fans."

Tenx and i hope we get good news soon,
Exit