Gigabite 3080 eagle oc

Ryan_RSA

I don't see any details about the external power connectors. The block looks shorter. So if we purchase this block does external power delivery hang off the end of the card?

Ryan_RSA

Oh wait. It does show it on the PDF installation. That's rather tragic. Will look terrible with the connectors hanging off.

Che-Tah

There will not be a adapter available? Do you know how this flat 8 pin connector is called?

The big connecting box will look horrible. I think i will r do my own cable. 8 Pins Flat to the PSU. But its risky if you cant buy the plug. I dont want the cut the existing wires.

We would need something like that:
8 Pin to 8 Pin Flat.JPG

I find nothing with 1 row for 5557-8p. Only the 2 row plugs.

Last edited:

Wgizmo

Can we unscrew the mini box holding this two 8 pins connectors or no? Alphacool will not get involved in power connector as this is not them part of business. Only some 3d printing and cable mode can make it happen. Easy to make if have a tools. As soon I got my block I will be a lab rat and install the block. More than happy to test it.

Wgizmo

There will not be a adapter available? Do you know how this flat 8 pin connector is called?

The big connecting box will look horrible. I think i will r do my own cable. 8 Pins Flat to the PSU. But its risky if you cant buy the plug. I dont want the cut the existing wires.

We would need something like that:
View attachment 1834

I find nothing with 1 row for 5557-8p. Only the 2 row plugs.
Where this cable coming from? Is this what we need?

Che-Tah

Where this cable coming from? Is this what we need?
The competitors are delivering this cable along with the water block...

Interesting idea... Think it will work.

Unfortionally with some investigation there are 2 different version of this power box. The old one is dangerous to use cause the pins can easily be pulled out.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-oc-vision-power-connector-concerns.18900176/

Luckily they found the Plug:
I will order
Molex 3.0 Micro Fit Plug this
PCIe 8 Pin Extension and this,
and build my own adapter cable.

Wgizmo

The competitors are delivering this cable along with the water block...

Interesting idea... Think it will work.

Unfortionally with some investigation there are 2 different version of this power box. The old one is dangerous to use cause the pins can easily be pulled out.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-oc-vision-power-connector-concerns.18900176/

Luckily they found the Plug:
I will order
Molex 3.0 Micro Fit Plug this
PCIe 8 Pin Extension and this,
and build my own adapter cable.

Any luck with more details to it? What is layout of the pins in that flat Molex?

Che-Tah

this plug is non standard. so you will not find it.

for layout just follow the cables when dismounting your card. it should not be too complicated.

to be sure you can also measure the voltage...
3 times 12v +
3 times 12v -
2 times signal 3,3V

Che-Tah

Is the cooler postponed/delayed?
Yesterday it was 3 days to shipment... now its 9-10 days....

I've ordered via Aquatuning Store.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Than you need to ask Aquatuning. We have nothing to do with the orders from Aquatuning.

Che-Tah

It is the same postponed delivery time in your store...
...and as far as i know aquatuning belongs to alphacool/have the same owner?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
But we handle the deliverys in a different way than Aquatuning. So if you order from Aquatuning, please ask them. But in generell in the moment we get small quantitys on stock and thus the pre-orders are processed after receipt of the order. The current problem is that we have hundreds of pre-orders and at times we get more pre-orders than coolers. This will not return to normal until January. We will receive a larger quantity of coolers in the near future, but we don't know if we will be able to serve all the pre-orders, as more orders come in every day.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We have a few hundred preorders on evey cooler only over our shop + all Preorders from all our Resellers worldwide. Its really crazy in the moment. We never ever had so much preorders on gpu coolers in our history.

Che-Tah

Hi, the blocks came online late afternoon yesterday. My bad sorry forgot to post it here.
I've ordered it next morning after release (11.11.2020 10:05:31)...
Aquatuning reveiced yesterday 80 pieces... and I haven't got one...

Next delivery after christmas... I'm really dissapointed.
It would have been the minimum to get a notification in advance, that the cooler is available, for sending the PCB pictures to you.
Do you have one sample left which you can sell to me?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sorry, we have also nothing left on stock, everything we had went out to the pre-orders in our shop.

Wgizmo

Those blocks are produced or on hold? Looks like they are on same production line as nvdia or amd cards :(