'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

losh11

Hey gamers! I have a RTX 3080Ti Gamerock (P/N: NED308T019KB-1020G), aka the non-OC variant. Looking at the order page https://www.alphacool.com/shop/graf...yl-gpx-n-rtx-3080/3090-gamerock-mit-backplate it says it supports the GameRock OC but no mention of the non-OC version.

If someone can let me know, because I'd like a block ASAP. Me being the dummy I am, misread EKWB's support list for the Palit GamingPro as GameRock and only realised after I'd taken the card apart. If someone would like a photo of the PCB I can share.

n5000

The OC and non OC versions of a card have zero difference in physical dimensions in about 100% of cases.

The difference they have is that the OC version will have a GPU chip that is tested to be overclockable at least to a certain degree.

The non-OC version may have this potential too, but it is not guaranteed.

kriss0094

just ordered mine today and it will arrive sometime next week. Have been waiting for this for a long time and had almost forgotten about it, pleasant surprise to finaly get it. Thanks to the alphacool team for giving periodically updates on the prosess

Steams71

MIne has arrived! Can cofirm that I only paid German tax on it. I wasn't charged any extra import fees into the UK, etc. The posty dropped it of as normal.

StuPot

MIne has arrived! Can cofirm that I only paid German tax on it. I wasn't charged any extra import fees into the UK, etc. The posty dropped it of as normal.
Got mine installed this morning, no problems with gaps on thermal pads ?(Palit 3090 Gamerock OC).

We will get an invoice from DHL in the post for the import / Uk Vat costs. Same happened when I ordered from EK earlier this year.

Steams71

Got mine installed this morning, no problems with gaps on thermal pads ?(Palit 3090 Gamerock OC).

We will get an invoice from DHL in the post for the import / Uk Vat costs. Same happened when I ordered from EK earlier this year.
Oh, well. I'll have to wait and see. Good to hear you've got yours installed OK. I'm waiting on new compression fittings before I can do mine.

Krypto

Installed mine today (GameRock 3090 OC). Works great! One small issue:
The nut thats supposed to hold the rear IO plate is too big. Causes the PCB to bend if installed. Removed them both, and its fine now

bend.jpg

Veritas23

@Synologic Can you please tell what are the total dimensions of combined gpu with wb? Do they match 124,5 x 215,6 x 25 mm like it says in the shop? On some resources it says that the height is 143mm. Thank you.

StuPot

Installed mine today (GameRock 3090 OC). Works great! One small issue:
The nut thats supposed to hold the rear IO plate is too big. Causes the PCB to bend if installed. Removed them both, and its fine now

View attachment 2635
I had no issue with the io plate on mine.

Edit.

Rechecked mine and found the same as others, the nut touches the back plate and bends the board. Putting the bolt in from the opposite side fixes the issue.

Last edited:

Freakyer

If you only ordered the block you'll be below the £150 limit for import duty/VAT. I ordered several bits (about £300 worth) and mine is sat 1.2 miles away at the Royal Mail local depot waiting for me to pay the duty but the card I need hasn't arrived yet :(

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Okay epic gamers. I've attached HQ photos here: Hopefully everything is good, and I can shortly be gaining some epic chicken dinners in fortnight at 69FPS 8K.
hi, one question, are these your pictures? Or did you find them somewhere on the net? That is important to know in order to be able to make a clear statement.

church

@losh11
Confirmed..... Gamerock 3080/3090 cooler fits also on 3080TI. Thanks a lot for the picture. (y)
Eddy: just that installation manual lists different pads for 3080 & 3090 cards (probably due absence of few memory chips on former). - I guess it's worth to update (at least online manual version downlaodable from product at shop page link) with which pads to use with 3080Ti variety..

Ossio

I have received the block ? and are ready to install it on a Gainward Phantom 3090 GS tomorrow (when my wife have left the building ?)
Will post pictures of the PCB for Alphacool/Eddy if that’s interesting?
Well I hope you will have better experience then me for some reason after installing the water block my system act a bit weird 3090 GS I reinstall the old cooler and test it today for few hours ( the problem I had that after this card was working with the watercooler I got crashers in mid game ) I followed the instructions tell me if you run into any issues

IceFireW

I didn't get into the topmost slot with the water block, something is interfering. Without a water block, the card was in the topmost slot.
Asus REVI