'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

V-L-D

Haveing a Problem to flash the native RB Bios of palit gamerock.. Every time when i start the bios update file ... A message apears .. No update needet..... Every time when i flash a other vendor bios file and the trying the palit bios ... also the same message apaers.... Anything seems to be wrong with the updater from palit ...

Yes, i know others also had similar issue. Maybe someone on this forum, who has successfully updated to latest bios version can save bios file and share ?

sakarno

I have extracted the Bios.roms from the Palit Bios Updater....
1617190326184.png

The thing is this idon't know wich one ?!?!? I know so far thats different bios versions for each 3090 Card Type. But wich for the Gamerock / OC.
So thats are the Bios Files with Rezize Bar Feature.... Then i will manual Flash it with Nvflash -6 .So then it schould be work ..... But the only thing is also witch bios file for wich card.

V-L-D

I have extracted the Bios.roms from the Palit Bios Updater....
View attachment 2280

The thing is this idon't know wich one ?!?!? I know so far thats different bios versions for each 3090 Card Type. But wich for the Gamerock / OC.
So thats are the Bios Files with Rezize Bar Feature.... Then i will manual Flash it with Nvflash -6 .So then it schould be work ..... But the only thing is also witch bios file for wich card.

Looks strange, what size of files ?

sakarno

i have read out the bios from the card same size as the extracted ones from the rar file .... Pallit packs all his bios versions in one file and let choose the installer in combination of nvflash wich file schould be flash... but they cryped the names of the roms wich makes it difficult to change a bios with a other one....... By the way ....... i have google about this but nothing found wich bios is the right one...... Techpowerup had a good bios collection, in time the new versions will apear there ..... So patient and wait Same thing with the cooler :).......

So Back to Topic ......

Last edited:

grizli9000

I couldn't update yesterday but I decided to download file again from their site 5 minutes ago and... magic happened and BIOS was updated this time.

V-L-D

I couldn't update yesterday but I decided to download file again from their site 5 minutes ago and... magic happened and BIOS was updated this time.

Great ! Could you please save and upload bios to techpowerup so others can update too ?

lackynamber

Not sure this is the right thread, but I'll give it a try. I have a 3090 Gamerock OC and these will be my first steps on custom WC. After the block for this card is released, can I combine it with either an Eisbaer Extreme core or an Eiswand? I like the idea of the Eiswand, especially since I can have it on the balcony (although I assume there will be condensation issues?), but the pump seems too weak, will it be able to handle the 500 watts of a 3090?

And let's say down the line I want to WC my cpu as well, do I just add an extra Eisbaer or an Eiswand and call it a day?

I don't want to go down the road on complete custom WC, but if the results are actually better than just the Eisbaer or the Eiswand I might consider it.

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions :p

Not sure this is the right thread, but I'll give it a try. I have a 3090 Gamerock OC and these will be my first steps on custom WC. After the block for this card is released, can I combine it with either an Eisbaer Extreme core or an Eiswand? I like the idea of the Eiswand, especially since I can have it on the balcony (although I assume there will be condensation issues?), but the pump seems too weak, will it be able to handle the 500 watts of a 3090?

And let's say down the line I want to WC my cpu as well, do I just add an extra Eisbaer or an Eiswand and call it a day?

I don't want to go down the road on complete custom WC, but if the results are actually better than just the Eisbaer or the Eiswand I might consider it.

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions :p
I like the idea of an external radiator like Eiswand, and have gone down that road myself.

I guess this is what you refer to: Eiswand solo

IMO an external radiator and a custom loop gives you much more freedom to add components and upgrade in case of need, compared too an AIO.

It does come at an extra cost as you will need a pump(or is this included?) + some fittings and tubes(or maybe better 2 pumps if this rad is restrictive and you plan on adding more components to the loop later) but you will have more options to add components and better results with more rad spaces, higher flow rates, external position of rad ect. compared to an AIO.

Also the fact that you will move heat to outside the pc case will give you better temps and not only for the GPU but also for other components like your dram dimms, chipset ect.

This generation GPU and also CPU's have such a high power draw and as a by product a lot of heat.

I first tried to keep the rads(240 and 3600) inside a closed case, but found that water temps would rise too 40-50c after long gaming sessions. This was because of bad air flow and therefore heat build up inside the case even though I had 9 fans and in theory should have had a pretty decent air flow...

Having the rad outside and in a colder environment than your computer will add some complexity since you would need cater for condensation, but maybe you can find some middle ground like a window that could be opened with fresh air flowing through the rad and you could better control the water temp?

I got a setup like this and take advantage of the average yearly temp of only 6-7c in Oslo. When benching or gaming I slightly open my window and are able to sustain a water temp of 18-20c while my room temp is about 22-23c.

I'm a bit extreme when it comes to the temp thing....but both GPU and CPU's(at least Zen 3)now a days run boost algorithms that is dependent on temps. Voltage->Frequency->Temp all need to be aligned and within a ratio to get good results

This are some pic's of my setup to give you an idea, do mind I'm quite nuts when it comes to water cooling and you will not need as much rad spaces or pumps to get a decent result. Start with one pump and the external Eiswand and go from there would be my suggestion:
(Setting up a custom loop is not difficult at all)

Both my loops(one for cpu(rads on backside of the case) and one for the gpu with external rad are drawing cold air from outside
Skjermbilde.JPG

Skjermbilde1.JPG

Keeping a low water temp allows the 5800x to boost(PBO+Curve) all core 5000MHz even after an hour of Y-Cruncher stress testing
Skjermbilde3.JPG

sakarno

Can I buy it in May?:unsure:
No one knows yet..... Cooler desing is fineshed..... Now the Cooler must be produced and shipped to Alphacool .... I Thinks it takes around 3 Weeks to Produce and another 2-3 weeks for Shipping ...... maybe not no one knows ....When eddy sad we can preorder then we are almost finish....

Ossio

Are there any plans for the gainward phantom gs 3090?
GeForce RTX™ 3090 GameRock OC share the same PCB Gainward and Palit are the same company afik
1618482420141.png
this is the Palit layout since I own Gainward Phantom gs 3090 I couldn't find something different.
Do you own research and welcome to waiting list

Last edited:

NiklasClemens

GeForce RTX™ 3090 GameRock OC share the same PCB Gainward and Palit are the same company afik

this is the Palit layout since I own Gainward Phantom gs 3090 I couldn't find something different.
Do you own research and welcome to waiting list

So you think there is a possibility that I could just use the gamerock oc cooler for my Phantom gs card?