'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

Just bought one too, I would also be super interested in an active backplate
I bought a Threadripper cpu block and glued it to the backplate.

I lapped the entire block flat for max metall 2 metall surface and used thermal paste on the whole surface except for 5mm on the edges. Then I used gorilla glue to fix the block to the backplate.

Temps dropped from 85-90c junction temp while gaming to about 60c and core temp dropped by 2-3 degrees.

Also ram temp dropped by 10c.....which is nice since I pump 1.55v through those poor b-dies

Look up AC threadripper block if interested. The cold plate looks nice and flat so you won’t need to lapp it.

church

@Vanzin : yes, Phantom an Phantom GS. But that shouldn't matter. Just like palit's GameRock and GameRock OC. AFAIK PCB is completely same for those "versions", except GS/OC have supposedly better selected chips and obviously higher powerlimits & clocks in card's bios. But those "differences" shouldn't affect block compatibility. What should matter to not mistaken with reference design cards (gainward's "Phoenix" (and GS) and palit's GamingPro (+OC)), for which there are reference design 3080/3090 blocks by many manufacturers including Alphacool.

church

@RosaPanteren : imho this block (at least haven't found of bigger area/size :) ) might be nice fit for use on top of whatever flat backplate (probably included with main block, as it's "free" in kit and it makes little sense of using stock backplate that will stick 1/3rd past card PCB/main block, once stock air cooler is removed).
As for myself, decided to wait for normal active cooled backplate instead of buying interim stopgap solutions, even more so that need for such is reduced as LC-ed gpu will dump less of those 400+W into PCB near memory :)

Last edited:

Varatesh

It would seem that Alphacool charges german VAT for exports outside the EU, effectively causing double taxation. I just noticed that my order would be taxed 48.75% (1.19*1.25) due to this.

tobytones

Is this being sent to retailers or exclusively sold here? The tax and shipping was just a little too much for me. Norway here.

Varatesh

What about EØS, European economic zone which norway is part of
Irrelevant. We are a part of the common market but not the EU VAT collection scheme. Unless a retailer charges VAT for the norwegian government through the VAT On E-Commerce(VOEC) scheme then VAT will be charged on the border. Norwegian VAT will be charged on top of german VAT so effective tax rate becomes (1.19*1.25-1)*100 = 48.75% + a flat fee for customs.

Freakyer

It would seem that Alphacool charges german VAT for exports outside the EU, effectively causing double taxation. I just noticed that my order would be taxed 48.75% (1.19*1.25) due to this.

I ordered mine at 10:14 GMT (Order 30137587) today along with a bunch of other bits and I also noticed the 19% VAT - I live in the UK and will therefore be charged:
1) 19% EU VAT
2) +20% UK VAT
3) +Import duty :(

It would be nice to have the EU VAT refunded but I'm just so glad this is finally here and comes with a backplate that It would just be the icing on the cake :)

lackynamber

So is there an aio kit that fits with the gamerock block? Was thinking about the eisbaer extreme bit it can only fit on the top of my o11 dynamic, but i already have an aio for the cpu up there. Any other options?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi @lackynamber, there is no aio version for 3080/3090 GameRock still yet. However, the cooler can also be integrated into our Eisbaer AIO if space permits. To evaluate this, pictures would be helpful & best in a separate post ;-)

ReLApS

Hi,
I was also very interested in buying an AIO for my Palit RTX 3090 GameRock, it will ever be available something like the Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO ?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi @ReLApS, there is no AIO planned for the 3090 GameRock. Currently, only a custom loop with the new cooler is possible.

Veritas23

Hello, can somebody confirm that it is compatible with Gamerock 3080 Ti? I see that the board is very similar with Gamerock 3080 and 3090. I would realy like to get one, thank you.

StuPot

Anyone had there tracking info yet? Had an email yesterday saying it was being shipped and would receive an email after 9pm with shipping and tracking info.