'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

TheExit

Hello,

Today i flashed my card with 520w bios. So far with stock cooler im having around 70°C gaming and around 2055mhz clock avrage. Abi. temp is around 15°C.

3d mark benchmarks - getting 2115mhz avrage and 2150 peak. Memory is sitting at +1200mhz (10900 mhz)

I got open case ( thermaltake p90) so airflow is everywhere.

20201202_115602.jpg

Vapormatt

I thought this was a water block thread not a bios flashing thread? come on guys we need more water block interest posts from people wanting water blocks.

church

People are just starting to write on offtopic things while waiting, as there are no updates/news from Alphacool's side :(

As for better searchability of this thread to enable potentially more people informing about their interest in block production, imho thread creator (if he has permissions) or forum mods should rename thread from 'Palit GameRock RTX 3090 waterblock' to 'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks', so that is found even if owners of seven other cards of this PCB search for liquid cooling options for theirs. Though it will still require them to register in forum to post about interest, even if thread is found.

Maybe even worth updating OP with eg. partnumbers like:
Palit GameRock OC RTX 3090 NED3090H19SB-1021G
Palit GameRock RTX 3090 NED3090T19SB-1021G
Palit GameRock OC RTX 3080 NED3080H19IA-1020G
Palit GameRock RTX 3080 NED3080U19IA-1020G
Gainward Geforce RTX 3090 Phantom GS NED3090H19SB-1021P
Gainward Geforce RTX 3090 Phantom NED3090019SB-1021P
Gainward Geforce RTX 3080 Phantom GS NED3080H19IA-1020P
Gainward Geforce RTX 3080 Phantom NED3080U19IA-1020P

Interesting, that Gamerock,& OC,Phantom, & GS of 3070 seem to carry same air cooler and have same card dimensions. Maybe it's possible for them to also be on same PCB? But then again, with budget & TDP of 3070 i find their owners less likely to search for LC options. For same reasons they will be way more numerous though.

Last edited:

Richardtng

I am also truly interested in a block for my palit 3080 gamerock!
And if i understand you correct, a 3090 waterblock will fit on the 3080 aswell?
Even if the backside of the pcb contains vram on 3090?

church

AFAIK yes, most gpu vendors for cheapening out R&D & simplifying manufacturing costs have 3080 sharing PCB with 3090 of same "model", just few less chips like memory ones, soldered on board. Palit & Gainward included. That's the reason one can see from already released LC waterblocks for other types of PCBs "3080/3090" in their names. In some cases maybe even 3070, but that's needed to check, and as i noted in my previous post, 3070 owners are less likely waterblock buyers, as their budget is smaller and card dissipates way less heat, so 3090's cooler should be more then sufficient.

Last edited:

church

From latest Eddy's posts now i'm 85% sure that block will be made, even if he is not allowed to post until "when it's done" or bosses given green light for statement. So now it's just wait for release, and i can feel at ease, that i didn't made mistake with my card choice :) (i did check prior purchase .. but mistaken LC block availability with for Palit's other cards, on "reference" PCB :( )

church

Eddy: just that i didn't see post/statement of "we will" :), more mention that many other products in pipeline and that we may overestimate block numbers for these cards in overall international market, no response yet from Palit regarding board drawings and mention how to send in card .. so i could only deduct from latest help of yours regarding solving send-in card issues that things started moving behind the scene :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Well, the graphics card manufacturers are not really interested in water cooling. The market is too small to really deal with it. Palit is not a small brand but, with all its subsidiaries, one of the largest manufacturers besides Sapphire. They produce more cards in a month than all water cooling manufacturers together could sell coolers for all models of all brands in a year.
Therefore, it is generally not so easy to get the data.

As long as we don't have a design, we can't really say "we'll make one". But currently there seem to be possibilities to get the design. So the chances are very good and I want to have the cooler made when we get the design. It won't be a cooler with a large number of pieces, but you are so annoying around .... that it's hard to ignore :p

church

?Sorry for being too nagging, i'm sure that you need to spend loads of time answering different people in many threads regarding different possible products, and to each theirs seem of utmost importance :)
As for small batch planned .. any way to ensure to be one that gets it? For eg. forum members here? Or some way to preorder/pay in advance?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You don't have to apologise for anything ;-) I could just ignore this if it wasn't worth the time.
As for the distribution and sale, I can't help you there. That is definitely beyond my control. Besides, a sample has to be here first so we can make the cooler.
"Maybe" when the coolers are on their way, we can reserve or save some for forum users. But since we've never done anything like this before, we'd have to see how we could implement it.
One thing at a time ;-)

LioTyan

i'd wish to send my GPU, but i live in Russia and how i know it's not impossible to send it. only EU. Just need waterblock to make full custom cooling WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 21.31.36.jpeg