'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
@Junglst I have talked to our support team about the SLI connector. So far, there have been no problems of this kind. So yours seems to be an individual case.

manuumanu559

I'm not sure how you assess whether it is worth while making a block for a card, but the Gamerock has been one of the only top tier cards readily available in the UK thus far so I expect that there will be a fair market share!
uc browser turbo jio login

Last edited:

church

Playasavas: 3070, as cheaper cards, are more common, but their owners are often less willing to shell out extra money for LC. They often also "need less cooling" and are often OK cooling noise wise on air cooling. Best way would be to get one of many of "reference design" there are already numerous blocks available. For these reasons i see little chance for one of non-ref 3070 niche cards to see blocks made for (except normal top tier list of asus/msi/gigabyte/evga and alikes..)

Hi @Eddy, @Thomas_S. How are you doing with the active backplate? Last time you mentioned that this work had to be started over due to the unsatisfactory result of the engineering sample. Can we hope that this work has not been put on the table?

church

Patience? What's that? :)
335eh1s7pd871.jpg

BurritoJustice

I have this block on my 3080 Phantom GS and my memory temps are very poor, 92C+. Is there anything to be done about this other than buy high performance pads?

Thomas_S

Staff member
I have this block on my 3080 Phantom GS and my memory temps are very poor, 92C+. Is there anything to be done about this other than buy high performance pads?
First determine whether you are affected by Nvidia's package problems (the attached video explains it well if the problem is not yet known)! It can happen that components do not have sufficient contact with the thermal pads. We can clarify this by sending us pictures of your PCB showing the marks on the thermal pads. If a replacement is necessary, our support team will send you the right pads quickly and free of charge.

BurritoJustice

First determine whether you are affected by Nvidia's package problems (the attached video explains it well if the problem is not yet known)! It can happen that components do not have sufficient contact with the thermal pads. We can clarify this by sending us pictures of your PCB showing the marks on the thermal pads. If a replacement is necessary, our support team will send you the right pads quickly and free of charge.

Thanks for the quick response! I think it is likely to be the problem, as it seems strange to have such poor temps when I have great core temps relative to coolant. I'm guessing the remedy is slightly thicker pads (1.5)? After christmas, when I have the time, I'll pull apart my loop to take photos of the PCB for support.

Thomas_S

Staff member
Perfect, just upload them here in the forum (at best in a separate post). Then we can immediately see if you need other pads ;-)

Cool2hate

I found very weird behaviour of my Gainward 3080 V1 Phantom. Can anyone post Gainward GS V1 Phantom bios for me to check please. Whenever I lock memory clock to 810 power automaticly locks itself too. Want to know if that because of bios or not...

TheChilled0ne

Another vote for the Palit Gamerock OC 3090 Active backplate, Looking to build my first custom loop and waiting on this part to pull the trigger and do it all in one go!

ailveen

Can anyone already using a waterblock - send me a PM if they want to sell the original shroud of the 3090 Gamerock to me?

The LEDs on mine froze and I wanted to try and replace the LED unit myself.

Thomas_S

Staff member
Another vote for the Palit Gamerock OC 3090 Active backplate, Looking to build my first custom loop and waiting on this part to pull the trigger and do it all in one go!
No active backplate is yet planned for the Palit Gamerock OC 3090.