What do you want?

Tamuhelet

Hello,

May we hope for a waterblock fitting the Aorus Master RTX3080 ?

Edit : I had an encouraging response to a request for information by contact form "we are on it, it will be online mid of January i guess."

Last edited:

ToWi1989

What I want for Christmas is to have a 2 slot PCI-e bracket included with the 3090 FE block! Can't imagine why this isn't part of the package. The std 3 slot creates serious limitations, and the bitspower for example includes a bracket.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We was thinking about it, but to be honest... after we started the production of this cooler :-/ Our Engeneers Sample from nVidia doesn`t had the bracket, was only the pcb. So we didn`t realized that they have a 3-Slot shield.

ToWi1989

O wow that stinks! My 3090 FE is now en route to NL. Once it arrives I might be able to lend it out for dev purposes in case you're interested. My case requires a 2 slot bracket so I won't be able to mount it in my (new) case untill I watercooled it.

Last edited:

sohgeki

I've seen other people mention this as well so I just want to echo this too. Please make a thinner ST25 or ST30 version of your dual 92mm radiator. I too am SFF (small form factor) enthusiast and the case that I am working on now cannot house the XT45 thicker dual 92mm radiator.

I've been looking and I can't find any 25mm or 30mm thick version of dual 92mm radiators. If you released them I would buy them in a heartbeat and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thank you.

Padge

Want gpu water block for
ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Taichi

badly! High res pictures of the same that I upload here https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asrock-radeon-rx-6800-xt-taichi-x/3.html

Shame they skip one of the best AMD 6000 series cards on the market. These pics are 6800XT? They are identical to the Phantom 6900XT OC

Would one block fit both cards, must be yes if they share the same PCB layout?

D_Minz0r

I would like a water block Active backplate that is compatible with the Aurora Eisblock ftw3 3090 waterblock. Or at least some info on a potential release schedule

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
I would like a water block Active backplate that is compatible with the Aurora Eisblock ftw3 3090 waterblock. Or at least some info on a potential release schedule
Will come! However, an exact date has not yet been set.

dual 80mm radiator that is 25mm thick.

like the 92mm one that came out recently. and also I have a new design for a 180mm crossflow radiator with maximum compatibility and minimal size. [see picture]

1. There is currently no crossflow-enabled 180mm radiator [or 200mm]
2. Current Crossflow Designs add too much space-taking material on the sides (see red infill), and will make a 180mm be larger than 200mm in width. Meaning that current crossflow designs have very limited compatibility for cases that support 200mm fans.
3. In orange you see what I call "dead space" this is an area of radiator fins through which no air is flowing because of the fact that the fan is circular in shape, and so this means that not only can the red area can be removed, but also, the inflow and outflow ports can be shifted inward (green arrows)
NOTE: in reality, this is a 200mm radiator, but with a minimized footprint which allows for crossflow and support for a specially designed 180mm fan with minimized frame plastic so that the inflow and outflow ports are not blocked by the fan frame.

The cooling capacity should be nearly equivalent since it makes use of "dead space" for spatial optimization.

This will allow this radiator to fit into any case that is designed only for a 200mm fan (and not a radiator) since most current radiators have large bulging sides

I attached a picture of the current design, (I didn't actually do the measurements but you get the idea) (emoji is just for laughs, don't take it personally) ??

Attachments

• new180radcompact.jpg
    new180radcompact.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
  • currentdesignnotoptimized.jpg
    currentdesignnotoptimized.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Is my idea too crazy? I am not good at drawing on the computer so it may not be explained well. I know that the manufacturing of radiators is probably limited by standardized design constraints. I do not know how involved alphacool truly is in the making of every single part of the radiator, or if alphacool only does cosmetic design and assembly and sources most radiator parts from a Chinese source. So the ambitiousness of the project can only be determined by information that I am not certain of as I am not involved in the alphacool production team. So the real question here, isnt so much "What do YOU want?" as much as it is more something along the lines of... "Is this stuff REALLY made in Germany?" or like "How innovative can it REALLY be?" -- Like, "How far back can one go in redesigning a product according to the current production process capabilities of the manufacturer?"

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@BobbyBoyGaming
Radiators are 100% developed and also manufactured by us. That is why we are the only company to have genuine all-copper radiators, where all water-bearing parts are made of copper. The only exceptions are the threads, which are made of brass: Copper would be too soft for this. All other manufacturers do not have copper channels but use steel or other materials to conduct the water from pre-chamber to pre-chamber and to transfer the heat to the fins.
Your idea would of course be feasible, but would roughly triple the cost of a radiator. It's not as simple as you imagine. Because the channel lengths would have to be adapted separately for the offset threads, and that is one of the most expensive points in the manufacture of a radiator.

By the way, there is no dead angle for the air. There is always some space between the fan and the cooling fins so that an air bed can form between the fan and the cooling fins. This is further increased with a fan shroud. As a result, air flows relatively evenly through the radiator.

180/200mm radiators also have such a low heat load that these radiator sizes are actually not worth selling at all. The fact that we offer them at all is solely due to the fact that we were the only manufacturer who wanted to offer all possible sizes. We are the only manufacturer that actually covers all fan sizes. 40, 50, 60, 80, 92, 12, 140, 180/200mm radiators in all shapes, thicknesses and sizes. No one else has that.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@code_error
The active backplate coolers are ready and already here for the Reference Design. But we won't be able to realease them this year. There are still too many other things to do.

But here is a teaser from a versin on my table:

photo_2021-12-01_08-44-13.jpg

Last edited: